2/6/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 2/6


Lord,
I treasure this quiet time at the end of day,
these moments of prayer
and the encouragement and strength,
the hope and peace
I find here with you...

But some days, Lord, it all seems too much
and some nights I find myself wondering:
   what's next?
   what's to become of our nation?
   when will the pandemic end?
   what's ahead for those I love?
   what's ahead for me?
   what's the plan?
   is there a plan, Lord?

Some nights, my worries get the best of me
and I find myself fretting and praying:
   when's the end to the fear and illness?
   how will we resolve our differences?
   what price will we end up paying?
   can we, will we make it?
 
So tonight I pray for confidence, Lord,
for hope that we're gonna come through this
that with your help we're gonna make it
that through your mercy and your grace
we'll overcome what threatens us,
we'll overcome what frightens us,
we'll overcome what divides us,
we'll overcome whatever stands
between you and us,
and between us and our neighbors
down the street, across town
and around the world...

And until that day comes,
protect us, Lord, as we lie awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake me may keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

We Shall Overcome by the Aeolians




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!