2/9/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 2/9

 

 
Maybe I sound like a kid when I say this, Lord,
but sometimes - I really want to run away! 

Sometimes I want to get away from it all, 
leave all my trials and troubles behind, 
let go everything that burdens me,
forget about all the things weighing on my mind,
be set free of all my responsibilities...
 
Of course, mature, grown-up adults just don't to that:
they don't run away from home, or from work,
or from the work that's theirs to do,
or from the lives of those whose love and care
is a really big part of what their life is all about...

No, I can't run away, Lord,
but I can run to you, I can flee to your side,
I can take a break and find and make the time
to go to you, to be with you,
to hide in you...

You're my hiding place, Lord:
when I'm frustrated, tired and disappointed
I can turn to you, run to you
and hide in your friendely shade...

You're my hiding place, Lord:
when I'm lonely, hurt, and sad
I can look for you, go to you
and hide in your strong embrace...

You're my hiding place, Lord:
when I'm adrift and off the mark
I can count on you to find me
and hide me in a corner of your heart...

You're my hiding place, Lord,
you fill my heart with song:
I trust in you, I'm strong in you,
in you I find the home I seek,
my hiding place, my peace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
You Are My Hiding Place by Michael Ledner



 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!