2/19/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 2/19

 
An old Nigerian prayer... 

God in heaven, 
you have helped my life to grow 
like a tree.

Now something has happened.

The evil one, like a bird,
has carried in one twig after another
of his own choosing.
 
Before I knew it,
he had built a dwelling place 
and was living in it.
 
Today, O God,
I am throwing out
both the bird and the nest.

Sometimes it takes but a day
   to throw out both the evil one
      and nest he's built...

Sometimes it takes longer, 
   sometimes it takes a season
   - maybe 40 days or so...

Lent's a season 
   for studying the tree of my life... 
 
Lent's a season 
   for finding what's nesting in my branches... 
 
Lent's a season for throwing out
    what has no place in the branches
       of the tree of my life...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!