2/18/21

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 2/18

    A Thread Runs Through It by Leah Virsik


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let's begin with this poem by William Stafford...

The Way It Is

There's a thread you follow. It goes among
things that change. But it doesn't change.
People wonder about what you are pursuing.
You have to explain about the thread.
But it is hard for others to see.
While you hold it you can't get lost.
Tragedies happen; people get hurt
or die; and you suffer and get old.
Nothing you do can stop time's unfolding.
You don't ever let go of the thread.

                              §      §      §

Now, let's Pause for Prayer...

Be the thread that runs through me, Lord,
be the thread that runs through my life
and knits me as one with you...

Be the thread, Lord, 
weaving grace through my relationships,
in and out of my joys and sorrows,
running through my nights and days...
 
Be the thread that doesn't change, Lord,
the thread that holds secure and strong
in spite of all the changes pulling me apart, 
rending my heart, seeking to unravel
all that holds me close to you,..

Be the thread I can't explain and don't understand,
but the thread for which I'm grateful,
oh, so grateful, Lord,
for all the ways it keeps me, holds and saves me...

Be the thread I don't let go of, 
won't let go of ever, Lord - not ever:
be the thread of life, the thread of love,
that is my life forever...
 
Oh, and Lord -
be the thread that runs right through these 40 days
threading grace through prayer and fasting,
threading love through charity, 
threading your sweet mercy
through the fibers of my life...
 
Amen.

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!