2/15/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 2/16

 
In February's chill, Lord,
I'm longing for the spring
with its promise of light and new life...

The first day of spring is weeks away
but come tomorrow
a springtime of grace will begin
with purple, prayer and ashes.
all inviting me to new life in you...

Help me remember, Lord,
that Lent is spring training
for my mind, my heart and my soul:
time to strengthen what's weak,
tone up what's gone soft,
time to remember what I've forgotten,
to let go what I don't need
and find what I need the most...

Help me remember, Lord,
that Lent's a new beginning,
a time for taking stock
of all my faults and failings,
to ask pardon for my sins
and make up for what I've done:
 a season to set things right with you
and with anyone I have hurt...

Help me remember, Lord,
that Lent's a season of your grace: 
a time to speak to you in prayer,
to listen for your voice,
to seek your truth and wisdom,
to live as you command...

Help me remember, Lord,
that Lent's a time of mercy:
a time to give more freely 
of all I have to give,
a time for me to serve my neighbor's needs,
to reach out to the poor,
to empty out myself for others,
not counting the cost to me...

Lord, I'm longing for the spring to come
with its promise, light and life:
help me begin, now, 
to turn my heart to you this Lent,
the springtime of your grace
in my mind, my heart and soul...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!