3/20/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 3/20


It's the first day of spring, Lord,
and that in itself was enough to lift my spirits!
 
But in addition to the vernal equinox, 
whose timing has little to with the particulars of my life,
it was a beautiful day, worthy of spring's debut
and more than that this day was studded with a few surprises:
a wonderful letter for me in the morning mail,
the arrival of an unexpected gift 
and the grace of sensing your presence so close
I thought I might reach out and touch you...

So much to be grateful for today, Lord,
so much to look foward to
so much promise in the air, in my prayer, 
in my heart and sunshine and fair weather clouds
highlighting the blue above...

Promise, Lord - that was your gift to me today:
the promise of your presence,
the promise of what's yet to come,
of joy I've yet to find, to meet, to know
and to enjoy from head to toe
and deep within my heart...

For all of this I praise you, Lord,
my God from whom all blessings flow...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in the promise of your peace...

Amen.
 
Hymn of Promise by Nancy Allen
 
 
In the bulb, there is a flower 
In the seed, an apple tree 
In cocoons, a hidden promise 
Butterflies will soon be free 
 
In the cold and snow of winter 
There's a spring that waits to be 
Unrevealed until its season 
Something God alone can see 
 
There's a song in every silence 
Seeking word and melody 
There's a dawn in every darkness 
Bringing hope to you and me 
 
From the past will come the future 
What it holds, a mystery 
Unrevealed until its season 
Something God alone can see 
 
In our end is our beginning 
In our time, infinity 
In our doubt, there is believing 
In our life, eternity
 
In our death, a resurrection 
At the last, a victory 
Unrevealed until its season 
Something God alone can see   

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!