3/16/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 3/16

Lent is a season for looking into our hearts,
acknowledging our sins and asking for God's mercy.
And the end of every day 
is also a good time for doing the same... 
 
Jesus, forgive my sins tonight...
 
As I look back on this day:

Forgive the sins that I can remember
and the sins that I have forgotten…

Forgive any wrong that I've done to others
and the good I've failed to accomplish…

Forgive my weakness in the face of temptation
and the times I've been stubborn
when faced with correction…

Forgive my pride in my own achievements
and my failing to praise your wonderful works…

Forgive the harsh judgements I make of others
and the generous leniency I grant to myself…

Forgive the fibs and lies I've told
and the times I avoid the truth…

Forgive me the pain I've caused my neighbor
and the indulgence I offer myself…

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me,
wash me clean of all my sins…

Heal and forgive me and help me, Lord,
to forgive as I've been forgiven…

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace…
 
Amen. 
 
(Adapted from an old Celtic prayer)
 
 

 


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!