3/17/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 3/17

I let so many things come between you and me, Lord,
between me and your love...
 
I convince myself that my faults and sins
make me unworthy of you, undeserving of your love:
I forget that you love me, want to forgive me,
heal me and reconcile me 
to your mercy and peace...
 
I tell myself I'm not good enough for you, Lord,
that I'm ugly, that you love others more than you love me,
that you've forgotten me:
I forget that in your eyes I am who you created me to be,
your beloved, your chosen, your delight,
the apple of your eye...
 
I tell myself I'm not holy enough, Lord,
that I'm distracted or restless or selfish in my prayer,
that I don't pray enough or don't know how to pray:
I forget that you are pleased with my every fleeting thought of you,
that my desire to pray is itself a prayer you hear and love,
that even my silence before you is a prayer that reaches your heart...

Your love for me, Lord, is greater, deeper, wider
than any love I can imagine...

Your love for me, Lord, is more generous and forgiving
than any love I can imagine...

Your love for me, Lord, comes to pardon my sins,
wash away my shame, reconcile me to your grace,
still my restlessness and fill my emptiness
with the love you've had for me
since before all time began...

Such is your love for me, Lord:
open my heart to your love...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake ,I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Oh, Lord, Your Tenderness by Graham Kendrick

  

 

    

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!