3/21/21

NIGHT PRAYER


(Night Prayer on Sundays is focusing on one of the songs
from the morning's celebration of Mass.  Tonight we're
reflecting Psalm 51.)
 
Create in me a clean heart, O God...
I wouldn't say my heart is actually dirty, Lord,
but I guess it's fair to say it's 
smudged with inconsistencies,
blemished with faults, 
soiled by resentments,
marred by selfishness, 
tarnished by impatience,
sullied by pride, 
fouled by lust,
muddied by lies,
stained by bad habits, 
smeared with prejudice,
littered with wastefulness, 
spattered with carelessness...

On second thought, Lord,
it looks like my heart needs a thorough cleaning!
 
I need a clean slate
and only your merciful kindness
can wash and wipe clean
a heart such as mine...

Create in me a clean heart, O God:
wash away guilt and give me again
the joy of your peace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep 
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
Create In Me by Bob Hurd


 
Create in me a clean heart.

 

Have mercy on me, God,

in your compassion. 

Remove my sin. 

Wash me from my guilt.

 

Create in me a clean heart.

 

O purify my heart and

teach me wisdom;

then I shall be

cleaner than the snow.

 

Create in me a clean heart.

 

O give me back the joy

of your salvation;

a willing spirit

sustain in me.

 

Create in me a clean heart.


 

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!