3/26/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 3/26



Lord...

Would that I'd long to hear your word,
with the hope for which I wait for spring...

Would that I'd serve my neighbors' needs
near as well as I tend my own...

Would that I'd think as well of all
as I do of my close and very best friends...

Would that I'd do what you ask of me
as sure as I follow my own desires...

Would that I'd be as fair and just
as I'd have others be with me...

Would that I'd speak when others won't
and let my lips give voice to the truth...

Would that I'd help the unsure and weak
as your strong arms hold me secure...

Would that I'd think and act as pure
as the love and the peace you offer me...

Would that I'd pardon others' faults
with mercy I know I don't deserve...

Would that I'd make the time for prayer
that you have for me when I call on you...

Would that I'd open my heart to grace
as wide as it opens to foolishness...

Would that I'd think of my time as gold
to be spent with wisdom, prudence and care...

Would that I'd put all my trust in you
and not in my worries, doubts and fears...

Would that I'd love you Lord, my God,
as you love me forever more...

Amen.





  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!