4/5/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 4/5


Lord, it's just one day after Easter and already
I'm experiencing the effects of my PADD,
my Paschal Attention Deficit Disorder!
 
Forty days of Lenten preparation for Easter
culminating in a wonderful, grace-filled Triduum
chiming out in joyous praise on Sunday morning
and now come Monday...
 
Have Alleluia's echoes died?
Have sweet hosannas lost their ring?
How soon before the lilies droop?
Have all the chocolate eggs been eaten?

Is Easter's song still in my heart?
Does Paschal grace still bloom afresh?
Can I still taste and see the goodness
 of the Lord who rose for me?
 
Help me not forget, Lord,
help me not let go of the joy of Easter day...

Help me hold within my heart
the gift of Easter peace...

Help me with your Spirit's grace
keep fresh within my heart
the word, the song, the gospel cry of
Alleluia!  Alleluia!  Alleluia!

Fifty days, a week of weeks, 
until at Pentecost the Spirit comes in tongues of flame;
fifty days to revel in and savor all the Paschal joy
that fills and floods my heart wth Easter peace...

Save me from my PADD, Lord!
Help me find each day a reason
a reason to be joyful and to sing,
Alleluia!  Alleluia!  Alleluia!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I lie awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Halle! Halle! Halle! by the Findhorn Singers
 
 
 
  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!