4/25/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 4/25

(On Sundays, Night Prayer takes its inspiration from
an element of that day's mass. Tonight we'll pray with
Christopher Walker's version of Psalm 23.)
 
Lord, I'm no expert in relationships with Kings and Princes,
let alone with anyone in the Redeemer/Savior category
- and I've never met a real live shepherd!

But I do have some experience with friendship 
and its joys and challenges, 
its depths and comfort,
and its power to encourage and sustain me 
in good times and in bad
with a loving trust that helps me believe
that all shall be well even when things 
don't seem well at all...

So, I'm pleased to call you my friend, Lord,
my buddy, my pal, my bro, mi amigo,
my mate, my homeboy, my chum, mon ami,
my confidante, bestie, my sidekick,  mein freund...

I know like a shepherd you follow me, Lord,
and I, in turn, want to follow you,
follow wherever you lead me,
follow wherever you call me to go,
just to follow my friend in faith...

Be with me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
Because the Lord Is My Shepherd
performed by the Arundel and Brighton Diocesan Choir


 
Because the Lord is my shepherd,
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in the meadow
And leads me to  quiet streams.
He restores my soul
And he leads me in the paths that are right...
 
Lord,
You are my shepherd,
You are my friend.
I want to follow you always,
Just to follow my friend.
 
And when the road leads to darkness,
I shall walk there unafraid.
Even when death is close I have courage,
For your help is there.
You are close beside me with comfort,
You are guiding my way...
 
In love you make me a banquet
For my enemies to see.
You make me welcome,
Pouring down honor from your mighty hand;
And this joy fills me with gladness,
It is too much to bear...
 
Your goodness always is with me
And your mercy I know.
Your loving kindness strengthens me always
As I go through life.
I shall dwell in your presence forever,
Giving praise to your name...

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!