4/22/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 4/22


I'm grateful, Lord,
that you never tire of listening to me
- at least I hope you don't!
 
What an earful you get from me!
 
You listen to every word I pray
which means you listen to
   my whining and complaining,
   my good intentions and promises,
   my problems and troubles,
   my hopes and dreams,
   my moans and groans,
   my resolve and determination,
   my resentments and grudges,
   my pleading and interceding,
   my impatience and annoyance,
   my fantasies and pipe dreams,
   my faith and trust in you,
   my fears and anxieties, 
   my excitement and anticipation,
   my sadness and sorrow,
   my thoughts and secrets,
   my confusion and delusion,
   my joys and delights,
   my heartbreak and disappointment,
   my desire and passion,
   my bias and prejudice,
   my silence and awe,
   my praise and my thanksgiving...

I'm grateful, Lord,
that you never tire of listening to me:
   I trust you hear my every word
   and all that echoes in my silence
   when I try but just can't find 
   the words I want to pray...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Psalm 25 by Scott Soper
 


To you, O Lord, I lift up, 
I lift up my soul, my God.

Your ways, O Lord, make known to me;
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth, for you are my God,
and for you I will wait.
 
Good and upright is the Lord;
he shows us the way.
He guides the meek to justice
he teaches the humble to follow his ways.
 
Your way, O Lord,
is kindness to those who are true.
Your friendship is with those who love you;
your reveal to them your Word. 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!