4/8/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 4/8

 
Today, Lord, you led me to the shore
and I'd like to think you chose this particular day 
to bring me to the ocean's edge
where I was blessed with April's sun
and an onshore breeze to brush my face
with a touch of your springtime peace...
 
   Photo by CP

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You've already walked me past budding trees,
clumps of crocuses and forsythia bushes straining
to burst forth a yellow alleluia praising
your rising up in glory...

It's as though you're not sure I could take in,
all at once, all this season has to offer,
all the alleluias nature waits to shout and sing
and fly as flags unfurled against the heavens'
stunning beauty, azure blue...
 
I thank you, Lord, and praise you
for your day to day unfolding of new life
springing up around me, rising in my soul
and falling as graced dewfall
wherever my steps go...

Don't stop, Lord! 
Open, reveal, disclose and show me,
in the season's change,
the changeless beauty of your face 
and the glory of your presence alive
all around me and within me,
changing me, day by day,
as I'm open to your Spirit,
an onshore breeze within my soul...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me in my sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Lord, You Have Come by Cesáreo Gabaráin

 

Lord, you have come to the seashore,
neither searching for the rich nor the wise,
desiring only that I should follow.

O, Lord, with your eyes set upon me,
gently smiling, you have spoken my name;
all I longed for I have found by the water,
at your side, I will seek other shores.


Lord, see my goods, my possessions;
in my boat you find no power, no wealth.
Will you accept, then, my nets and labor?

Lord, take my hands and direct them.
Help me spend myself in seeking the lost,
returning love for the love you gave me.

Lord, as I drift on the waters,
be the resting place of my restless heart,
my life’s companion, my friend and refuge.


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!