5/17/21

MONDAY MORNING OFFERING: 5/17


     Image: George Mendoza   

Good morning, good God!
 
Today I offer you my failure 
to discern the difference
between the things I cannot change 
- and the things I can...

(I offer you my failure - not because it's pretty -
but because I know I need your help and healing!)

Slowly, Lord, but nonetheless surely,
I think I may finally be learning that all my days go better 
when I simply acknowledge:
   that you are God, you're in charge
    - and I am not;
   that you know all I truly need 
    - not just what I want;
   that you see my whole future
   - and I can't see beyond my nose;
   that you have a plan for me
   - while my plans often fold and fail;
   that with your help I'll find the peace
      I'm helpless to supply...
 
Help me live this day in your wisdom, Lord:
    seeking what I truly need - not just the things I want;
    finding, following your plan for me,
    and seeking peace of mind and heart,
       the peace that's only yours to give...

Amen.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!