5/21/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 5/21

 
The seven weeks of the Easter season will close with the feast of Pentecost on Sunday when we'll remember how the Holy Spirit descended upon the apostles and we'll pray for the  Spirit's gifts in our own lives and times.  In anticipation, to help us prepare to celebrate Pentecost, we're focusing our Night Prayer on the coming of the Holy Spirit. 
 
In so many ways, Lord,
I need the healing of your Spirit...
 
I need a healing of my fears, Lord,
fear of the unknown, of what's to come,
of not being ready or able or strong enough
to handle what's ahead of me:
    Come, Holy Spirit, heal my fears
    and give me the strength and courage I need
    to face today and tomorrow,
    wherever you may lead me...

I need a healing of my pride, Lord,
my thinking that I'm always right,
that my way's the best way,
that I know better than you do:
    Come, Holy Spirit, heal my ego,
    face me in the mirror of your truth;
    humble my vane conceit, my foolishness,
    with prudence, counsel and wisdom...
 
And I need a healing of my anxiety, Lord,
worries about things beyond my control, 
problems that don't yet exist,
concerns that truly aren't mine:
    Come, Holy Spirit, heal my anxiety
    and grant me the serenity of your grace,
    the peace and calm of knowing 
    that with you in my heart, all shall be well,
    all manner of things shall be well...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Spirit of the Living God by Michael Crawford
 

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!