5/27/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 5/27


 
What a joy it is, Lord,
   when I do just the right thing
   for just the right person
   in just the right way
   for just the right reason,
   at just the right time!
 
Such a blessing:
   the perfect timing,
   the happy congruence, 
   the inspired harmony
      of all these "rights"
   in one moment of grace...

Likewise, Lord,
   when I'm moved to say the right thing
   to the right person, 
   in the right way,
   for the right reason
   at just the right time: 
      a gracious boon!

And, Lord, 
   when I find myself in the right place,
   with the right person,
   in the right way,
   for the right reason
   at just the right time:
      inspired serendipity!
 
I wonder, Lord:
   is it by your design that such moments are so rare?
Or is it my self-absorbed clumsiness 
   getting in the way of your gracious plan?
 
I suspect it's the latter, Lord, which prompts me to pray 
   for the grace to get out of the way
when your hand is preparing the path
   for such moments of grace and blessing...

And another thought, Lord...
 
How often do I miss the signs 
   when you're doing the right thing
   in the right way
   for the right reason,
   at just the right time
      - for me...
 
How often am I simply not listeneing
   when you speak the right word
   in the right way
   for the right reason
   at just the right time:
      a revelation of your truth
         -  just for me...
 
And how often, Lord, do I miss your presence
   when you're right by my side,
   with the help I need,
   in the way I need it,
   at just the right time:
      a moment of grace
         - just for me... 
 
For such moments of perfect timing,
   of blessed and joyful congruence;
for the inspired harmony 
   of your life tuned to mine, Lord:
      I give you thanks and praise
 
And I pray you open my heart
   lest I ever miss how you're always there
in the right place, in the right way,
   for the right reason, at the right time
      - for me...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
You Are Near by Dan Schutte



  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!