5/6/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 5/6

 
As I look back on today, Lord,
I have two memories I'm most grateful for:
   - an al fresco lunch and great conversation
         with a dear friend
   - an experience of your presence by my side
        on the ride home from the restaurant...

I'm not quite sure or certain 
about the connection between the two moments
- but I know that somehow, they're of a piece...

Without a doubt, I'm sure of your presence
   in loving relationships we share with others
and I'm equally certain you're always with us
   whether we recognize your closeness or not...

And I believe that your felt presence in our friendships
opens our hearts to your spiritual presence
in our hearts, our prayer, our imagination and our dreams...

And I believe our faith prompts and primes us 
to discover you, to see you and find you in our families,
our neighbors and friends, in those we're close to, 
with whom we've bonded in loyalty, trust and love...
 
So, I see, Lord, how the beauty of this spring day 
revealed your glory, beautifully present
not only in the sunshine and the flowers by our table
but also in my soul, on the quiet ride home,
when you sat beside me in my car 
and, like my friend, kept me company
with your gracious, loving presence... 
 
 
    Photo by CP

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For this day and its memories, Lord,
I give you thanks and praise!

Protect me, Lord, as this day ends
and watch over me when I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
MMMMM
You Are Near by Dan Schutte

Yahweh, I know you are near,
standing always by my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.

Lord, you have searched my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.

Where can I run from your love?
If I climb to the heavens you are there;
if I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find you there.

You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun
in my mother's womb.

Marvelous to me are your works;
how profound are your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
you would still be there.

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!