5/25/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 5/25


It's taken me a long time, Lord, but I've finally learned:
    when something's amiss on my laptop or smart phone
    the first thing to do is  Reboot The Device!

It's so simple! 
    - Take a deep breath
    - Shut things down
    - Say a prayer!
    - Hope for the best
    - Be patient and wait
    - Start over again
 
So many times, Lord, these simple steps 
   make all the difference in the world!

But if I'm this clever with my laptop and phone,
   why don't I follow the sames steps
   when something's amiss with me?

It's pretty much the same process:
    - Take a deep breath
    - Slow things down
    - Pray!
    - Hope for the best
    - Be patient and wait
    - Begin anew

Sure, it takes more time to reboot me 
   than it does to restart my laptop
but there's a lot more at stake
   and the rewards much greater
when I'm the one who needs a reset
  and you're my Tech Support...

Prompt me, Lord, when I need a reboot:
   help me trust I'll lose no critical files
   that my data will all be safely restored
   and my faith page fully refreshed...
 
Protect me, Lord, when my heart's online
and watch over my screen when it goes to sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Refresh Me by Leeland
 

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!