5/12/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 5/12


Had a great conversation with an old friend today, Lord, 
and while speaking of prayer, 
he mentioned he sometimes tells you,
    "Any hints would be readily accepted!"

I love that line, Lord!
    Any hints would be readily accepted!
I can imagine so many applications of this prayer!
 
    Lord, I'm really confused
    and feeling unsure about so many things:
        Any hints would be readily accepted!
 
    So much suffering in the world and right around me,
    and I just don't understand why, Lord:
         Any hints would be joyfully accepted!
 
    Beats me, Lord, 
    but I'm really not always sure of where I'm going:
        Any hints would be gratefully accepted!
 
    And what can I do to break the vicious circle
    of prejudice, hatred and mistrust?
        Any hints would be heartily accepted!
 
    Got some friends I'd love to help
    but I don't know what to say or do, Lord:
       Any hints would be enthusiastically accepted!

    Would love to grow closer to you, Lord
    and know the easiest best ways to do that:
        Any hints would be contentedly accepted!
 
    I want to know your mind and plan for me
    but my own thoughts cloud my vision:
        Any hints would be willingly accepted!
 
    In fact, Lord, at any time of any night or day,
    on any day, of any week, in any month, in any year:
        Any hints, clues, leads, signs or tip-offs
            would be delightedly, cheerfully, graciously,     
                warmly and readily accepted!
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...   
 
Amen.
 
Speak to Me by Tommy Walker  
 

     

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!