5/20/21

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/20

Image source

 

One of the benefits of these twice daily posts is how they remind us to stop and make some time for prayer. Regardless of the content of what's posted, the very titles, Pause for Prayer, Night Prayer, call attention to attend to our relationship with God.   Attending to our relationship with God, paying attention amid all the distractions...

Amid all the distractions
   whirling within and around me,
help me stop each day to pause, to pray
   to pay attention, Lord - to you...

Help me pay attention
   to how you pay attention to me:
      24/7, ever watchful in your vigil,
         day and night...

Help me attend to any words you speak,
   you whisper in my heart:
words to guard and guide me
   and keep me from harm's way...

Help me attend to your Spirit,
   moving in my mind, my thoughts;
help me respond to what you ask of me
   and walk the path you chart for me each day...

Help me pay attention to all whose paths
   cross mine today:
help me attend to their burdens and their needs
   and what gifts of peace they offer me...

Make me mindful of you, Lord,
    of how you're ever mindful of me:
in the quiet of my prayer help me attend
    to your presence in my heart...


Amen.
         





     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!