5/3/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/4


How might I make today, Lord, a better day than yesterday?
How might I live this day as a prelude to tomorrow?

How might I give more generously of all I call my own?
How might I receive more humbly what others kindly offer?

How might I speak more honestly what's on my mind and in my heart?
How might I listen more patiently to what others have to say?

How might I be more merciful when others' faults offend?
How might I be more grateful for mercy tendered me?

How might I make amends and repair my past mistakes?
How might I open my heart to others doing the same?
   
How might I be more faithful to prayer - and thus to you?
How might I make more time today for you to spend with me?

How might I change my life today for the better?
How might I bend to the changes grace desires within me?

How might I make this day, Lord, a better day than yesterday?
How might I shape today as a prelude to tomorrow?

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!