6/25/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 6/25

The month of June is observed as a special month to honor the Heart of Jesus so each Friday in June, our Night Prayer has begun with a reflection on a particular image of the Heart of Jesus, followed by a Litany of the Sacred Heart by Wendy Wright. Tonight is the last week in this series. The subject is my friend Ron Raab's painting of the Sacred Heart and the reflection is my own Litany of the Sacred Heart, followed by a song.

Sacred Heart by Ron Raab, C.S.C.


 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love you, Lord, 
   for your Shepherd's heart, leading me safely home
   your holy heart, opened for me on your Cross
   your gentle heart, pierced by the lance of my sins
   your wounded heart, bleeding the mercy I need
   your loving heart, hiding me in its chambers
   your healing heart, soothing my broken spirit
   your patient heart, waiting for me to come 'round
   your tender heart, strength for me in my weakness
   your engaging heart, reaching to draw me in
   your generous heart, overflowing with kindness and blessing
   your just heart, my font of wisdom and truth
   your divine heart, refuge for my humanity
   your gracious heart, source of my song and my joy
   your timeless heart, at home in my finite world
   your selfless heart, emptied for me in compassion
   your boundless heart, filling my soul  with praise and prayer
   your redeeming heart, making me whole once again
   your forgiving heart, my pardon, my peace and my hope
   your cosmic heart, dwelling in my human frame
   your centered heart, still point for my anxiety 
   your robust heart, empowering me in my fear
   your liberating heart, undoing all that binds me
   your penetrating heart, settling deep in my thoughts
   your creative heart, sparking my dreams and desires
   your seductive heart, sweeping me off my feet
   your saving heart, delivering me from evil
   your consoling heart, balm for my sorrow and grief
   your peaceful heart, safe place in my troubles,
   your risen heart, the promise of everlasting life...
 
O holy, patient, healing heart of Jesus,
   I place my trust, my hope, in you;
O robust, gentle, cosmic heart of Christ,
   accept my praise and prayer as this day ends...
 
Protect me, Lord, with a Shepherd's heart
in your sheepfold keep me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your  peace...

Amen.

    performed by The Stellar Singers




The Lord is my Shepherd, I have all I need,
He makes me lie down in green meadows,
Beside the still waters he will lead.

He restores my soul, he rights my wrongs,
He leads me in a path of good things,
And fills my heart with song.

Even though I walk through a dark and dreary land,
There is nothing that can shake me,
He has said he won't forsake me,
I'm in his hand.

He sets a table before me in the presence of my foe,
He anoints my head with oil,
And my cup overflows.

Surely, surely goodness and kindness will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will live in his house,
Forever, forever and ever.

Glory be to our Father, and Brother,
And to the Holy of Holies,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
Life, without end.  Amen.

 

 
 


  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!