6/12/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 6/12


As evening comes, Lord,
I look back on the day just past...

I tried to live in your love today,
to show my love for you
and to share your love
with all whose paths crossed mine...

But the love I have for you, Lord,
the love I live in word and deed,
the love I share with others,
is only a shadow, a very faint shadow,
of the love you have for me
and for all you call your own...

Lest I get lost in my self, Lord,
shine the light of your love
in all the corners of my heart
and in the lives of all you name
your chosen, your beloved, your own...

The love I have for you, O Lord,
is only a shadow of your love for me,
your deep abiding love...

Protect me with your love, O Lord,
as I lie awake, as I fall asleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, find all my peace and rest
in the love you have for me...

Amen.

Only A Shadow of Your Love by Carey Landry



The love, I have for you, O Lord,
is only a shadow of your love for me;
only a shadow of your love for me,
your deep, abiding love. 

My own belief in you, O Lord,
is only a shadow of your faith in me;
only a shadow of your faith in me,
your deep and lasting faith.

My life is in your hands,
my life is in your hands.
My love for you will grow, O Lord, 
your light in me will shine.

 The dreams we share today, O Lord, 
are only a shadow of your dreams for us,
only a shadow of your dreams for us, 
if we but follow you. 

The joy we share today, my Lord,
is only a shadow of your joys for us 
only a shadow of your joys for us 
when we meet face to face.

Our lives are in your hands, 
our lives are in your hands, 
our love for you will grow, O Lord 
your light in us will shine.

Our lives are in your hands, 
our lives are in your hands, 
our love for you will grow, O Lord, 
your light in us will shine.




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!