6/5/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 6/5

 

Lord,
would you help me follow some of the advice
I so freely give to other folks?

I'm always telling people, reminding people,
helping people see that you're always with us:
beside us, before us, behind us, around us, inside us
- and that's 24/7/365!

I'm not losing faith in that - or in you, Lord:
I know you're there, I don't doubt that for a second!

Thing is, though, I guess I kinda wish,
well, that your being there all the time might,
oh, I don't know...
might make things a little better?
a little easier? a little lighter?
might make these long days and longer weeks move
a little faster, a little smoother...

Duh!
Even as I write that, Lord, I can hear you say:
Hey, Austin! Whaddaya want?
Jesus, the Lord of all creation,
     is keeping you company around the clock!
Jesus, the Prince of Peace,
     is clearing all this time on his day planner, 
         just to be with you!
Jesus, the eternal Word of God
    is taking TIME to be with you!
With Jesus at your side
- you're never alone 
      and you always have someone to talk to,
        someone who really listens, all the time
- you're with someone 
      who enjoys every moment in your company,
         no matter how bored you feel  
            - or how boring you are!
- you're with someone who completely understands you, 
     who totally gets you, even when you don't know
         if you're coming or you're going 
             or which side is up
- you're with someone you never have to impress,
     or feel like you need to sound smarter than you are.
     or put on a happy face for, or hide your feelings from,
     pretending that you're happy 
        when you're really feeling sad...
In short: with Jesus at your side 
     you're with the best friend you could ever hope to have!

So, Lord, on second thought...
things are really pretty good
- things are really very good -
and all my troubles will pass in your good time
and in the meanwhile, Jesus,
I have you for my friend,
you by my side,
always...

Protect me tonight, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
MMMMMMMM
What A Friend We Have In Jesus by Graham/Angerman


What a friend we have in Jesus all our sins and griefs to bear 
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer 
O what peace we often forfeit O what needless pain we bear 
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer 

Have we trials and temptations Is there trouble anywhere 
We should never be discouraged take it to the Lord in prayer 
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share 
Jesus knows our every weakness take it to the Lord in prayer 

Are we weak and heavy laden cumbered with a load of care 
Precious Savior, still our refuge take it to the Lord in prayer 
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee Take it to the Lord in prayer 
In his arms he'll take and shield thee thou wilt find a solace there

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!