6/24/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 6/24



Not every day's a great day, Lord, yet not a day goes by 
without a reason to be grateful...

Not every day's a happy one yet no day leaves me wanting
for good cause to praise your name...

Not every day's an easy time yet every day includes some time
for me to praise and thank you...

My heart is filled with memories, Lord: the blessings, gifts and graces,
you've shared with me so freely...

So, why do I remember every rough patch I've been through
- while the good times fade away?

Nudge me, Lord, remind me of my reasons to be grateful
and for giving thanks and praise...

When it's not a happy day or time, stir up my store of joys
that I might thank you once again...

Fill my heart with gratitude for blessings old and new,
for graces deep within...

My heart is filled with thankfulness for all you've shared with me,
so generous is your love...

Let no day pass me by, Lord, no night find me asleep,
until I've given you my praise...

Protect me while I lie awake, keep vigil while I sleep, Lord
that awake, I might keep watch with you and asleep,
rest in your peace...

Amen.

Spend a few minutes listening to and praying with 
   the wisdom in this simple song...
 
 




  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!