6/1/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 6/1

 
 
Just musing, Lord, 
at the end of day,
on simple things 
for which I am so grateful...
 
Simple things like:
   the first day of June
   a friend's touch on my shoulder
   a hint of your presence beside me
   the freedom in which I live
   acappella voices
   a child's wonder
   realizing how God's been moving in my life
   stars on a clear night
   a bed to sleep in
   an unmasked face
   remembering good dreams 
   feeling understood (even for a moment)
   picking up where you left off with an old friend
   breakfast, lunch and dinner
   reading something I wish I'd written
   good music, well played, beautifully sung
   sunshine
   hope, even in hellish times
   flowers blooming
   happy memories, and some sad ones, too
   hearty laughter 
   a well-written poem
   watching growing crops on your daily commute
   cold drinks on hot days
   writing a well turned phrase
   looking up and discovering a full moon
   your forgiving my sins
   a clean shave, a hot shower 
   clouds
   finally doing what needs to be done
   a loyal friend
   a day with no bad news
   crossing the Sagamore Bridge (Cape bound)
   waves lapping at the shore
   a sleeping baby
   remembering what I'd forgotten 
   classic jazz
   word that my friend feels better
   something to look forward to
   naps 
   embraces
   telling the truth when it's hard
   a friend who has my back
   slippers
   the satisfaction of a job well done
   oaked chardonnay 
   birdsong early in the morning 
   photos of those who are gone
   quiet time
   raindrops on the roof, on the window, on my face
   a word - when I need to hear one
   time spent in prayer
   a good cry , followed by another good cry
   staying up late and sleeping in the next morning
   even just the illusion that I'm all caught up on work
   a real letter in the mail 
   flowering trees 
   sourdough bread
   being on time
   finishing the Sunday NYT crossword
   shared hope
   seeing my work bear fruit
   scents and smells that unlock memories
   getting anything done on time
   finding much needed solitude
   serving others' needs 
   my morning omelette and salsa
   seeking and finding what's true
   a good night's sleep
   picking up my dry cleaning
   watching a dad watch his son with love
   long weekends
   silence: longed for, found and healing
   doing what I know I should do
   the grace of God
   laundry done, folded, put away
   the patience others have with me
   leaving behind what's foolish
   the sound of the song of people at prayer
   trusting that all shall be well
   doing the next right thing
   cashews and raisins
   exchanging smiles with a stranger
   making peace with my neighbor, my God, my self
   coming here for prayer, morning and night
   living in the moment, a day at a time
   remembering that I am loved...
 
Just musing, Lord, at the end of day,
on simple things,
simple things 
for which I am so very grateful...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!
 


'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gained,
To bow and to bend we will not be ashamed,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!