6/16/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/16


I believe in peace of mind
    even when my thoughts are troubled...

I believe in tomorrow
    when today is going nowhere...

I believe in prayer
    even when I cannot pray...
 
I believe in truth
    even when I cannot find it...

I believe in beauty
    when all is stark and barren...

I believe in joy
    even when my heart is grieving...

I believe in friendship
    even when I'm all alone...

I believe in the sun
    even when it isn't shining...

I believe in love
    even when I do not feel it...

And Lord, I believe in you
     even when you're silent...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch for you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

 
Even When He Is Silent by Kim Andre Arnesen,
    performed by the Atlanta Master Chorale

 

These words, scratched on a cellar wall,
were written by a Jew hiding in Cologne, Germany, 
during World War 2. 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!