6/23/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 6/23


I'm so happy to welcome the summer, Lord,
but sad to remember that beginning even now
the days grow shorter,
just by 2 minutes a day
but those minutes will add up
'til the day we reach the summer's end:
the very start of summer,
the beginning of its ending...

Time moves so slowly, Lord,
and time moves so quickly -
and so much of the time I'm not sure
if it's moving slow or fast...

As in life, Lord,
change in sunlight is gradual, 
barely noticeable, 
imperceptible
until I look back and see
how much has changed,
how much is changing:
    how quickly and how slowly
    come the changes in my life...

But, help me take this summer as it comes, Lord,
just a day at a time,
each gracious summer day
a priceless gift from you,
given only once,
never to come again...
 
Keep my heart, my soul, my prayer trained
on your gifts of light and life:
make me grateful for what is, 
for what I have,
entrusting to your care what's passed me by
and praying to accept my daily losses as sunlight,
slowly slipping fast away,
the beginning of the end when life forever 
will be mine...

Protect me, Lord, while I like awake
and watch over me in my sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Day After Day by Maranatha Singers


Day after day after day, you have been faithful to me.
Day after day after day I've known your grace...
Day after day, week after week, year after year,
I will declare your glory
I will declare your greatness
I will praise... your... name...
 
Day after day after day, you are my Savior my friend.
Day after day after day, I'm not alone...
Day after day, week after week, year after year,
You will be right beside me
You'll be here to guide me
I will praise... your... name...
 
Day after day, day after day... oh...
 
Day after day after day, you have been faithful to me.
Day after day after day I've known your grace.
Day after day, week after week, year after year,
I will declare your glory
I will declare your greatness
I will praise... your name...
 
Day after day. after day...

 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!