6/11/21

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 6/11

    Image source

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Limitations, Lord!
 
That's what's on my mind this morning:
   being a finite human being with limitations... 

There's so much more I'd like to do,
so much I'd like to do for others,
but I'm so limited by my
    weakness
    pride
    selfishness
    cowardice
    greed
    desire
    laziness...
So, in short, Lord,
I'm limited by my sin
but there's a remedy for that
and it's your grace 
and your grace is always there for me...

But I'm also limited by - time...

Sometimes I don't make the time
   to do what I want to do
and sometimes I waste the time that's mine
   to accomplish what I intend
and I'm increasingly aware
    that like everyone on earth
    my days, too, are numbered...
But there's an answer to all this, Lord,
and the answer is in the moment:
    this is the day you've made and given me,
       the only day I have and the only day I truly need...
 
But of all the limitations that frustrate me, Lord,
the greatest is - my powerlessness:
I so often feel powerless
    to heal the wounds 
        of the brokenhearted;   
    to bring healing hope
        to those who have none;  
    to quicken the faith
        of those lost in doubt;
    to lift up in joy 
       those crushed by sorrow;
    to reconcile the separated,
       the estranged, the forsaken;
    to mend the brokenness 
        I encounter and cause...
 But it's through my weakness, Lord,
    that I truly find my strength in you
so that when I am weak,
    then I am strong...

I pray for the grace
    to be healed of my sin, today, Lord,
for this is the day you've given me
    to find my strength in you...

Amen.
 
 

  

  
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!