7/10/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 7/10


(I'm having difficulty with the formatting of the musical widget for Night Prayer so tonight in addtion to the widget, I'm including a link - which I hope might work in your morning email!) 
 
I look around the world, Lord,
I look around my Church,
I look around my nation,
I look around my family,
I look around myself and I wonder:
    what's your plan?
    what are you up to?
    where are you leading us?
    what would you have us do?
 
I look around, Lord, 
and amid all the chaos and confusion 
I do see your fingerprint in nature,
some evidence of progress,
some traces of good order
and seeds of hope 
struggling to root, to sprout, to grow, to bloom
to come at last to harvest
to feed creation's hunger 
for what's pure, what's true, what's just...

But I don't see enough of all of that
and I worry that the world will starve,
will die of thirst for what refreshes,
revives and restores us 
to all you created us to be...
 
So, I look around and wonder, Lord:
    what's your plan?
    what are you up to?
    where are you leading us?
    what would you have us do?

The answer is so simple, Lord,
the answer is so hard,
the answer is so true:
the answer is your word, your prayer
   that all of us be one...
 
Our living as one is what you planned:
our coming together, your heart's desire;
one life in common, where you lead;
and our unity, your Spirit's gift...
 
And what would you have us do, Lord?
 
You'd have us love one another
    as you loved us;
you'd have us love our neighbor
    as we love our selves; 
you'd have us prize the truth
    above all else;
you'd have us give and give
    'till all are full;
you'd have us do what's just
    'til justice rules;
you'd have us come together,
    one in you, and you, Lord,
        one in all...

We pray for the grace, the strength, the will
    to be one, Lord,
    to be one family, 
    to be one people
born of the Spirit, heaven sent,
    that we might be one in your love...

Protect us, Lord, while we're awake
and watch over us as we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
They'll Know We Are Christians by Peter Scholtes,
 
 
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
And we pray that all unity may one day be restored 

And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
They will know we are Christians by our love

We will work with each other, we will work side by side
We will work with each other, we will work side by side
And we'll guard each one's dignity and save each one's pride

We will walk with each other, we will walk hand in hand
We will walk with each other, we will walk hand in hand
And together we'll spread the news that God is in our land 
 
All praise to the Father from whom all things come
And all praise to Christ Jesus, his only Son
And all praise to the Spirit who makes us one 



  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!