7/6/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 7/6

 
This afternoon's torrent was powerful, Lord:
    driving, refreshing, cleansing, cooling
and were I a little younger
    I might have stepped outside to enjoy it,
to let your healing soak me,
    your mercy pour down on me,
        your reign, a shower of grace!

I need that, Lord! I need for you to 
    soak me, drench me,
    all but drown me in your love,
leave me dripping wet 
    with moist anointings
    of your freely given Spirit:
every inch of me from head to toe
    washed, cleansed, refreshed
        in showers bracing and redeeming... 
 
Renew me with your reign of grace, Lord:
    let me drink it in and drink it down
    deep and deep and deeper still
    until my thirst for you is quenched...

Rain, rain, don't go away!
Rain down on me,
reign over me
and never, ever, go away...

With a lullaby of rain drops, Lord,
protect me as I lie awake
and sing me fast asleep
that awake, I keep the watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

Rain Down by Jaime Cortez


Rain down, Rain down
Rain down your love on your people
Rain down, Rain down
Rain down your love, God of life


Faithful and true is the Word of our God
All of God's works are so worthy of trust
God's mercy falls on the just and the right
Full of God's love is the earth

We who revere and find hope in our God
Live in the kindness and joy of God's wing
God will protect us from darkness and death
God will not leave us to starve

God of creation, we long for Your truth
You are the water of life that we thirst
Grant that Your love and peace touch our hearts
All of our hope lies in You. 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!