8/2/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Monday 8/2


Sometimes, Lord,
it's not until I exhale that I discover
just how long I've been holding my breath... 

And sometimes I discover 
I've been holding my breath
for a very long time, indeed...
 
Oh Lord - it's so good to let go, to breathe out,
to vent the stale and deeply inhale 
the fresh, the clean and the pure...
 
As much as my lungs,
my heart and soul long to be filled
with air so sweet its taste is honey spun 
so fine I can breathe it in and breathe it out again, 
respiring, reviving, alive again and always 
but a breath away from you...

Be the air I breathe and then 
- take my breath away, Lord,
with your beauty, grace and power -
'til the only air I need
is your Spirit's breath within me...

Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
 
If the musical widget doesn't appear below, click here!

O Breathe On Me, O Breath of God
          arranged by Liam Lawton



O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love the things you love,
And do what you would do.
 

O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until my will is one with yours
To do and to endure.
 
O breathe on me, O Breath of God,
My will to yours entwine
Until this selfish part of me
Glows with your fire divine.
 
O breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with you the perfect life
Of your eternity.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!