8/18/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 8/18


I keep thinking, Lord, of the people of Haiti
and their long history of suffering:
    centuries of slavery and oppression, 
        political chaos, abject poverty 
            and natural disasters...
 
And yet the Haitian people love you, Lord:
    they do not blame you, 
        they bless you;
    they do not curse you,
        they pick up and carry their cross;
    they do not give up on you,
        they glorify and praise your name...
 
A wise and holy woman
once helped me understand the depth of the Haitians' faith
when she told me:
    Only when God is all you have
        do you know that you have everything...
My mind understands these words, Lord,
    but my heart's still struggling to live them...

Put my troubles in perspective, Lord,
    and my problems in their proper place.
Help me surrender and let go
    whatever keeps me from knowing 
        how much is mine in your love for me
            in good times and in bad,
            in plenty and in want,
            in joy and in sorrow,
            in sickness and in health,
            in life and in death...
 
Closing Prayer I
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Closing Prayer II
Protect the people of Haiti, Lord,
in their time of grief and loss:
they faithfully keep watch for you,
grant them rest, relief and peace...

Amen.
 
If the video does not show below, click here!

Only This I Want by Dan Schutte
                

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!