8/24/21

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 8/24

 The art of being wise

is knowing

what to overlook.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

William James was right, Lord, 
there's so much I should overlook,
so much that I should disregard:
    what's unworthy of my attention,
    unfit for my affection,
    apart from what will nurture me,
    beyond what's in good taste,
    more than what I truly need,
    outside my grasp and ken,
    far from what is healthy
    for my body, mind and soul...
 
Keep me focused, Lord, my vision trained
    on whatever's good and pure and true;
    on  my work, my call, my duty;
    on all that draws me close to you,
        to your mercy, grace and peace...

Give me wisdom to discern, Lord,
just what you'd have me know
and to never overlook the gifts,
the blessings that are mine...

Amen.        

  


SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!