9/18/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 9/18

 
It's the end of another week, Lord
    and I could use a little rest:
rest from burdens I've carried forever,
    or at least so it sometimes seems;
some rest from burdens I just picked up,
    only yesterday or a few days ago...
 
Not asking, Lord, you take my burdens away,
    just looking for a little rest, a break, a breather;
time to recover the spirit and energy 
    sapped from my soul
by fears, worries and unfinished business
 waiting and wanting to be resolved...

Looking for the rest you pledged to those
    who work and are heavy burdened;
seeking the rest you promised the weary
    who come to you for relief;
praying for the rest that each of us needs
    to take up your yoke and learn anew:
you're meek and humble of heart
    and in you lies the rest each of us craves, 
and the peace and the joy
    for which we all yearn...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Tonight's music is a little different, 
    I hope you'll listen to the whole piece...
If a video doesn't appear below, click here: 

Rest by Michael Englehardt

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!