11/17/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 11/17


Good Lord!
 
Is it possible that November is more than half gone? 
Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow
The first Sunday of Advent is only 11 days away?
Just 38 days until Christmas?
And in 44 days it will be 2022?
 
Do you laugh, Lord, when I go on like this?
 
What do you make of how we track and keep time?
How we use time? waste time?  lose time?  
How time gets away from us...
How some days are gone before we know it
while others creep by at less than a snail's pace?

And yet, of all your gifts to us,
time is one of the most precious!

As this year comes to a close,
with its holy days and holidays, 
slow us down, Lord, 
and put the brakes to our hectic pace...
 
As 2021 makes its exit, help us savor every moment 
and share, generously, the time that's ours to give,
the time that's ours to share, 
the time that's ours to spend
    in service of our neighbors,
    in the peace of friends and family
    in the solace of your presence,
    in the solitude of prayer...
 
Lord, 
you are the Alpha and the Omega,
the beginning and the end;
all time belongs to you,
every season and all the ages:
to you be all glory and power,
yesterday, today and tomorrow...

Protect us, Lord while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 MMMMMM
God of All My Days 
    by Mark Hall and Jason Ingram of Casting Crowns

If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
God of All My Days 
 
I came to You with my heart in pieces 
And found the God with healing in His hands 
I turned to You, put everything behind me 
And found the God who makes all things new 
I looked to You drowning in my questions 
And found the God who holds all wisdom 
And I trusted You and stepped out on the ocean 
You caught my hand among the waves
‘Cause You’re the God of all my days 
 
Each step I take You make a way 
And I will give You all my praise 
My seasons change, You stay the same 
You’re the God of all my days 
 
 I ran from You, I wandered in the shadows 
And found a God who relentlessly pursues 
I hid from You, haunted by my failure 
And found the God whose grace still covers me 
I fell on You when I was at my weakest 
And found the God, the lifter of my head 
And I’ve worshiped You and felt You right beside me 
You’re the reason that I sing
‘Cause You’re the God of all my days 
 
In my worry, God, You are my stillness 
In my searching, God, You are my answers 
In my blindness, God, You are my vision
In my bondage, God, You are my freedom 
In my weakness, God, You are my power 
You’re the reason that I sing 
‘Cause You’re the God of all my days 
 
In my blindness, God, You are my vision 
In my bondage, God, You are my freedom 
All my days

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!