11/11/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 11/11

 
This was a day for remembering, Lord:
a day for honoring and not forgetting our military veterans 
who've served in the U.S. Armed Forces...

And whom do we remember, Lord?
And what do we honor?
 
We remember these men and women
who interrupted their lives for a number of years
and we honor their generosity...
 
We remember their willingness
to stand in harm's way
and we honor their courage...
 
We remember their love
of liberty and freedom
and we honor their loyal devotion...

We remember their separation
from family and friends
and we honor their personal sacrifice...

We remember their memories
of the horrors of war
and we honor their strength of spirit...
 
We remember all they lost,
their emotional and physical pain,
and we honor their commitment to duty...
 
We tell these men and women,
"Thank you for your service!"
But that's too little, Lord, for these words pale 
before the time, dedication and sacrifice 
    given freely, that we might be free,
    offered selflessly on our behalf,
    rendered humbly for our nation's pride...
 
So tonight we pray for those who've served,
who've kept our country safe to be
the land of the free and the home of the brave...
 
Give them the reward of their service, Lord,
and with your gentle touch heal what pain they bear
in heart and mind and soul...
 
Protect us, Lord while we're awake
and watch over us while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.

There Is No Greater Love  by Michael Joncas

If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 

  

There is no greater love, says the Lord,
than to lay down your life for a friend.
There is no greater love, no greater love, 
than to lay down your life for a friend. 
 
As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on in my love.
You will live in my love if you keep my commands,
even as I have kept my Father's. 
 
All this I tell you that my joy may be yours and your joy may be complete. 
Love one another as I have loved you: This is my command. 
 
You are my friends if you keep my commands
no longer slaves but friends to me.
All I heard from my Father, I have made known to you:
Now I call you friends. 
 
It was not you who chose me, it was I who chose you,
chose you to go forth and bear fruit
Your fruit must endure, so you will receive
all you ask the Father in my name.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!