11/18/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 11/18


I wish I had a better memory for names,
    as you do, Lord:
you've known my name
    since before all time 
        and have never once forgotten it... 

And I wish I had a better memory for faces, 
    as you do, Lord:
you never forget a face,
    each one fashioned by your hand
        and created in your image...
 
I wish I could remember everyone's sorrows and joys,
    as you do, Lord:
you hold close to your heart
    every detail of my existence,
        every moment of my life...
 
And I wish I'd more often remember, Lord,
    all the ways you've been faithful to me:
how you've been my strength and had my back,
    how you've brought me home when I've been lost,
         how your gift of mercy has no end...
 
Forgive me my poor memory, Lord,
    and especially the times, the many times,
        when I've forgotten you...
 
 Refresh my recall, Lord,
    and waken in my mind and heart the stories
        of all the ways you've remembered me
            with mercy, with love and in your peace...
            
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
    and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
    and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!