11/16/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Tuesday 11/16


Just after dinner this evening 
I was folding my laundry 
and here's what came to my mind, Lord...
 
How grateful I am for the dinner I had:
    tasty, nutritious food
    and more than enough
    so there's some left for lunch tomorrow...
 
How grateful I am for the clothes I wear:
    well made, good fabric, 
    nice colors that match and contrast...
 
How grateful I am to live in a house
    that's safe and warm and clean,
    with laundry machines in the basement
    and plenty of Tide and a box of Bounce
    to ensure that I sleep on soft sheets...
 
How grateful I am to have a bureau and closet
    to store my freshly folded things
    and an extra closet where neatly hung
    is my summer wardrobe, 
    just waiting for spring...

My laundry has taught me a lesson, Lord:
    I'm awash in the bounty of all that, I have,
    so much, too much of so many fine things
    and more than I need in this world of ours
    where so many have so much less,
    where so many have nothing at all...

The giving season's upon us, Lord:
    grant me a grateful and generous spirit
    to share with others what's been given to me,
    to provide for others as I've been supplied,
    to give 'til I feel at least a pinch
    of what it means to be without,
    of what it means to go without, 
    to truly need what I truly need
    and be grateful just for that...
 
Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Prayer for Generosity by Jandi Arboleda
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!  
 
 
 

 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!