11/3/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 11/3

Another busy day of packing, so today's Night Prayer is from the archives.  Tomorrow is moving day so I'll need to be up early!  Thus, this prayer is particularly appropriate for me as I spend my last night in Belmont...
 
I'm blessed, Lord, and I know it:
almost as soon as my head hits the pillow - I fall asleep; 
my curse comes in the morning when it's time again
to lift my sleepy head and start the day!
 
But I know how so many others struggle 
to get a good night's sleep...
 
Some, with worry-burdened hearts,
lie awake for hours, tired but teased 
by thoughts that keep from sleep's deep peace 
a trouble laden soul in need of rest...
 
Some have care of babes who cry from cribs 
their need for warmth and milk:
nature's alarm, clocking through the night,
waking those who give what no one else can offer...
 
Others care for those who can't care for themselves:
the weak, the sick in mind and body,
who've lost track of night and day, of then and now;
whose years are long, whose days are short...
 
Some are haunted by memories, dreams and nightmares:
shades of yesterday or fear of tomorrow
stealing a good night's sleep
from those who most need rest...      

Some keep watch, at home and abroad:
defending us, standing in harm's way,
keeping vigil for our safety lest any power or terror
disturb the peace of night...

And some, 
for reasons known to them and you alone, Lord,
some weep the night away:
their tears a prayer, pleading for your hand to reach
and with your healing mercy 
touch and wipe each tear away,
with words of comfort promising
a new day bright with peace...

Grant good rest and send sweet dreams 
to all your sons and daughters, Lord:
and in your strong and gentle arms
rock our troubled hearts to sleep...
 
Sing a lullaby of peace to those who lie awake:
let the beating of your heart confirm
that through the night you keep the watch 
'til we finally fall asleep
and rest in your deep peace...
 
Amen.
 
If  a widget doesn't appear below, please click here!
 
Sleep Chant by Karen Drucker
 
 

Sleep in peace.   Wake in joy.    Always know that I am loved.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that I am loved.
Today I live in gratitude.  Today I give my love.
And tonight when I lay my head to rest, I give thanks, I give thanks.
 
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Each day I wake is a miracle.  Each day is a precious gift.
I count my blessings and feel such grace.  I give thanks. I give thanks.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.

I sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.
Sleep in peace.    Wake in joy.  Always know that I am loved.

Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  Always know that I am safe.
Sleep in peace.  Wake in joy.  I always know that I am safe.

I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
I sleep in peace.  I wake in joy.  I always know that all is well.
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!