12/2/21

NIGHT PRAYER: Thursday 12/2

 
Lord Jesus,
    you're always ready to talk,
    you're always ready to listen,
    you're a great listener (you don't interrupt!)
    you hear me out with incredible patience,
    you're never bored when I repeat myself,
        telling you the same story,
        pleading the same case,
        complaining about the same problems
        over and over and over again...
 
It's true, you don't always reply 
    in what I'd call "timely fashion"
but that might just be a case 
    of my not understanding your response
and of course, it's well known that you answer
    in your time, not in ours...
 
But I know two things Lord:
    (1) my problems often worsen when I drift away
        and fail to stop by to have a chat with you and
    (2) life always seems better when I make the time
        to stop and make time to have a little talk with Jesus... 
 
You're always waiting to hear from me,
    you'll give me all the time I want or need,
        and there's no charge for your consultation - it's free!

Send me your Spirit, Lord,
    at least once a day
to remind me of the peace I'll find
    if I make the time to have a little talk with Jesus...

Protect me, Lord while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
I recently discovered this simple song.  I love it -  and I love the beautiful arrangement and performance of this Ugandan acapella group! 
 
And, come to think of it, my whole retreat this week (and your sharing in it with me) is simply a special way to "have a little talk with Jesus!"

Have A Little Talk With Jesus by Jehovah Shalom Acapella
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here! 
 

 
I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from heaven filled my soul
He bathed my heart in love and wrote my name above
And just a little talk with Jesus makes me whole
 
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell Him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And He will answer by and by
 
Feel a little prayer wheel* turnin'
know a little fire is burnin'
Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
 
I may have doubts and fears
My eyes be filled with tears
But Jesus is a friend who watches day and night
I go to him in prayer
He knows my every care
And just a little talk with Jesus makes it right
 
Have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell Him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And He will answer by and by
 
Feel a little prayer wheel turnin' 
know a little fire is burnin' 
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right,
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right,
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right,
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right,
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right,
   find a little talk with Jesus makes it right!  
 
*For a Christian take on prayer wheels

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!