2/28/22

Would you like to have a POCKET CROSS for Lent?


This is the eleventh year* I'm offering a pocket cross for Lent. A pocket cross is a daily reminder that we're in a special season to grow in our faith in Jesus and in living as he calls us to live. (Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, March 2.)

Your Ash Wednesday ashes will be gone by Thursday morning - a pocket Cross will stay with you through the 40 days of Lent!
 
The inscription on this year's cross responds to our world situation:
                                 Lord Jesus, be our peace!
 
Would you like a pocket cross?

• Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
         Fr. Austin Fleming
         124 Cochituate Road
         Wayland, MA  01778

• If there are several members of your household who would like a pocket cross,
    let me know that you need a few extra crosses and I'll send them. 

• There is no charge for these crosses - please do NOT send money! 
 
• If you're inclined to be charitable:
    please click here or on my sidebar to make a donation to  
    Health Equity International (formerly the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation:
    same folks, same mission, same work - new name, new logo)
OR
    click here for ways to support the people of Ukraine.

• I was late in placing the order for these crosses and as with so many things, there is
    a delay in the supply chain - BUT - I hope to be able to begin mailing them by this
    coming weekend!

*Previous pocket crosses bore these inscriptions:

Be still and know that I am God  
• Create in me a clean heart, O God
• Come back to me with all your heart
• Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer 
• Remember - Return - Repent  -Reconcile -  Reorder - Restore  
• Clothe yourself in heartfelt mercy  
• Come find the peace within
• Jesus, touch my life today 
• Come back to me with all your heart
• Healing and Peace 
 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!