2/11/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/11


The gospel for today's mass finds Jesus restoring hearing and
speech to a man who was deaf and mute - simply by saying to
him, "Be opened!" Today's Night Prayer comes from the brief
brief homily I preached at mass this morning...
 
If with two simple words, Lord,
you opened the ears and the mouth
of a man who was deaf and mute,
then surely you can open the many parts of my life
in need of your healing and strength...

Open my eyes, Lord,
    that I might see what's right in front of me,
    that I might see what I try not to see,
    that I might see more than my eyes can behold...
 
Open my ears, Lord,
    that I might hear the word of your truth,
    that I might hear the cry of the poor,
    that I might hear you calling me to prayer...
 
Open my mouth, Lord,
    that I might speak what I know needs saying,
    that I might praise you in song and prayer,
    that I might always speak what is true and just...
 
Open my mind, Lord,
    to the wisdom you call me to live by,
    to thoughts that are wholesome and pure,
    to growing in knowledge of you and my faith...
 
Open my heart, Lord,
    to your Spirit moving within me,
    to the needs of those right around me,
    to the joy of knowing that you are my God...
 
Open my hands, Lord,
    to reach out to those in need,
    to feed the hungry, the homeless,
    to help the weak and defenseless...
 
Open me, Lord in all these ways
    and in ways I've not yet discerned:
open my eyes, my ears and my mouth,
    open my heart, my mind and my hands
that I might find you and know you,
    love you and serve you
        with all that I am and I have...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
MMMMMM
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here!


Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you. 
 
To see you high and lifted up,
shining in the light of your glory.
Pour out your pow'r and love,
as we sing, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
 
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord,
open the eyes of my heart:
I want to see you, I want to see you.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!