2/4/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 2/4


 
I've noticed over the years, Lord,
    that faith is sometimes, even often,
        not as neat and tidy
    as I'd wish and hope and pray...
 
Sometimes, even often,
    your answer to my prayer      
        is far from what I asked for...  
 
Sometimes, even often, 
    I simply cannot find you
        though I know you're everywhere...
 
Sometimes, even often,
    I want to do your will
        but you're slow to let me know it...
 
Sometimes, even often,
    when I look to faith for comfort,
        I find, instead, a challenge... 
 
Neat and tidy? 
    Not at all.
Confusing and complex?
    Sometimes - even often...
 
So help me see, then, Lord, how
    in the depths of my faith,
    at the heart of my belief,
    in the spirit of my prayer
     - there is you -
    hidden in my every day,
    guiding me, in your good time
    with wisdom and with grace,
        - often - even always...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...
 
Amen. 
 
Walk By Faith by Jeremy Camp
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!