2/20/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Sunday 2/20


On Sundays, Night Prayer will focus on an element from the day's celebration of Mass. Tonight we reflect on Jesus' words in today's gospel: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."
 
I'm not sure I have any real enemies, Lord,
but there are people in my life whom I find hard to love 
and times when they might seem to be my enemy
when, in reality, they're just folks who
    - tick me off 
    - have different tastes
    - push my buttons 
    - vote Republican
    - challenge me 
    - have more friends
    - talk too much
    - disagree with me
    - have what I wish I had
    - have more smarts
    - rattle my cage
    - do things differently
    - are always late 
    - fail to please me
    - have talents I wish I had
    - make me jealous
    - vote Democrat
    - get on my nerves
    - are better looking
    - make me envious and jealous...
 
  
Yup! 
Those are the folks I find hard to embrace, Lord,
the people I'm quicker to curse than pray for
- the very ones you call me to love...

So, tonight I pray for humility,
for patience and understanding
and for the wisdom I need
to see my neighbor as you do, Lord:
    with understanding, mercy and love,
    shared fully, freely and with forgiveness...

Help me love my "enemies," Lord,
and all those who, just in general
    - bug the living daylights out of me!
   
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me as I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
Love Your Enemies by Kyle Sigmon
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


 

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!