2/9/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Wednesday 2/9


Something we'd all love to have, Lord,
even just now and again:
    a smooth stretch of level road
    for making our way from day to day
    from here to there, 
    from now into tomorrow...
 
And, Lord - we're not asking for the Yellow Brick Road!
Just a length of life's long highway
    minus all the rough spots, pot holes,  
    twists and turns, steep grades,
    dead ends and detours
that make of an already bumpy journey
an even tougher trek...
 
But if traffic jams and rough patches 
(on bad roads under construction)
should be waiting just ahead:
be with us, Lord, and lead the way;
guide us with your wisdom;
map for us the safest path
    to make our way from day to day,
    from here to there,
    from now into tomorrow...
 
Protect us, Lord while we're awake
and keep vigil while we sleep
that awake, we might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen. 
 
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


 
I am weak, and I need Thy strength and power
To help me over my weakest hour;
Help me through the darkness Thy face to see,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

Lead me, guide me along the way;
For if You lead me, I cannot stray;
Lord, let me walk each day with Thee.
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

Help me tread in the paths of righteousness;
Be my aid when Satan and sin oppress.
I am putting all my trust in Thee,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

I am lost, if you take your hand from me;
I am blind, without Thy Light to see;
Lord, just always let me Thy servant be,
Lead me, O Lord, lead me.

  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!