4/1/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Friday 4/1


On the Friday's of Lent, Night Prayer will take its lead from different depictions of the suffering and death of Jesus. Tonight, we reflect on Crucifixion, an icon by Ukranian artist Irvanka Demchuk.
 

Jesus, my brother,
    in accepting your Cross
    you took on your shoulders
    the weight of my sins and offenses,
    the heft of my faults and my failings... 

Jesus, my friend,
    when you shouldered your Cross
    you bore the brunt of my pride and resentments,
    my lies and deceit, my temper and anger...
 
Jesus, my Lord,
    the Cross you took up scraped your flesh
    with splinters of my indiscretions,
    my hasty and foolish imprudence...

Jesus, my brother, my friend, my Lord,
    you carried me on your shoulders that day,
    you took on the weight of my unfaithful heart
    to save and redeem me, to mend and to heal me,
    to free and forgive me of all my sins,
    that I might have life I don't deserve,
    won by your love, 
    sealed in your blood,
    given for me 
    on the arms of your Cross...

Jesus, my Lord, protect me while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep
that awake, I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...

Amen.
 
What Wondrous Love Is This by Fernando Orgtega
 
If a video doesn't appear below, click here!
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!