4/2/22

NIGHT PRAYER: Saturday 4/2

 
I was praying Psalm 51 today, Lord,
and this verse stayed with me:
    Create in me a clean heart, O God...
 
I wouldn't say my heart is actually dirty, Lord.
Sure, I guess you could say it's 
    smudged with my inconsistencies,
    blemished with my faults, 
    soiled by resentments,
    marred by selfishness, 
    tarnished by impatience,
    sullied by pride, 
    fouled by lust,
    muddied by lies,
    stained by bad habits, 
    smeared with prejudice,
    littered with wastefulness, 
    spattered with carelessness...

Ya know, on second thought -
    I guess my heart needs a thorough cleaning!
 
Create in me a clean heart, O God...
 
I need a clean slate
    and only your merciful kindness
    can wash and wipe clean
    a heart such as mine...
 
Create in me a clean heart, O God...
    wash away guilt and give me again
    the joy of your peace...
 
Protect me, Lord, while I'm awake
and watch over me while I sleep 
that awake I might keep watch with you
and asleep, rest in your peace...
 
Amen.
 
 
Create In Me by Bob Hurd
 
If a widget doesn't appear below, click here! 


 
Create in me a clean heart.
 
Have mercy on me, God,
in your compassion. 
Remove my sin. 
Wash me from my guilt.
 
Create in me a clean heart. 
 
O purify my heart and
teach me wisdom;
then I shall be
cleaner than the snow.

Create in my a clean heart.

O give me back the joy
of your salvation;
a willing spirit
sustain in me.

Create in me a clean heart.


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!