4/28/22

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 4/28


When fears and worries overwhelm
    then give me courage, Lord,
    to "keep it in today..."

When darkness tempts and beckons me
    then draw me to the light.
    let your face shine bright upon me...

When easy answers seem enough
    then lead me to your word
    that in your truth I'll be set free...

When angry grudges weigh me down
    then teach me to forgive
    as you have pardoned me...

When gossip's brewing in my thoughts
    then bless my speech with kindness,
    put your word upon my lips...

When my heart grows green with envy
    then let me see how much is mine
    of all you've freely given...

When I'm discerning right from wrong
    then give me wisdom, Lord,
    to choose as you would do...

When time for me is all I have
    then open me to others, Lord,
    to serve you in their needs...

When I've run out of words to pray,
    then help me listen, Lord
    to hear what you would say to me...

And when all is said and done, Lord
    then let all I say and all I do
    be gentle, just and loving...


Amen.
 


  

SUBSCRIBE HERE!

  

1 comment:

  1. As always, thank you for saying just what I need to hear and pray. Gwen Erwin

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!